Thursday, August 8, 2013

28mm Early Hungarian Light Cavalry

I spent my evenings this week completing the unit of 20 Old Glory Light Cavalry miniatures that were taking up residence on my cribbage board. It was not a hardship since I owe three, and the board will now be occupied by two dozen colonial lancers that I want to work on. The flocking was completed early this morning.

The Hungarians were an impulse buy on eBay. They were inexpensive and the horses were already painted and mounted on appropriate (WRG/DBX) 60 x 40 mm magnetic bases. I did a wash on the horses and reattached a couple of them to their bases.

I’m not sure which army will use these troops but I imagine they will see action either for or against the Saracens at some point.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the picture taken with natural light on the balcony helps show them off.

      Delete
  2. Very colorful unit! They look great. Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dean. I have to admit at one point I was thinking too Christmassy.

      Delete